Its various tools work seamlessly together to support the entire testing process, from initial mapping and analysis of an application’s attack surface, through to finding and exploiting security vulnerabilities. It is designed to support the methodology of a hands-on tester, and gives you complete control over the actions that it performs, and deep analysis of the results. It can automate all kinds of tasks in customizable ways, and lets you combine manual and automated techniques to make your testing faster, more reliable and more fun.
Burp Suite is easy to use and intuitive, allowing new users to begin working right away. Burp is also highly configurable, and contains numerous powerful features to assist the most experienced testers with their work.
Burp Suite Features
- The ability to save your work and resume working later.
- A Sequencer tool, for testing the randomness of session tokens.
- A Repeater tool, for manipulating and resending individual requests.
- An application-aware Spider, for crawling content and functionality.
- An intercepting Proxy, which lets you inspect and modify traffic between your browser and the target application.
- An advanced web application Scanner, for automating the detection of numerous types of vulnerability.
- An Intruder tool, for performing powerful customized attacks to find and exploit unusual vulnerabilities.
- Extensibility, allowing you to easily write your own plugins, to perform complex and highly customized tasks within Burp.
- Automated crawl and scan
- Cutting-edge scanning logic
- Advanced manual testing tools
- Overcome connection challenges
- Advanced scanning for manual testers
- Automate custom attacks using Burp Intruder
- Clear and detailed presentation of vulnerabilities
- Intercept browser traffic using man-in-the-middle proxy